2019年7月26日星期五

The Beautiful Temples and Gardens of Kyoto

Kyoto Gardens
I’ve dreamed of Kyoto and its thousands of temples for as long as I’ve dreamed of Japan. I love Japanese architecture and Zen gardens. One day, when I own a home, my backyard will be designed as a Japanese Zen garden, complete with pond, koi fish, rock garden, and little waterfall. On my recent visit to Japan, Kyoto was the only place I wanted to see as much as Tokyo. Though it rained (sometimes heavily) during my visit, Kyoto, with its temples and gardens, was even more beautiful than I’d imagined. I spent hours wandering historic streets and darting in and out of tranquil temples. I ended up sitting down, listening to music, and staring out at one Zen garden for over an hour.

But instead of yapping on about Kyoto’s sublime and blissful beauty, I’ll let Kyoto show you itself:

Kinkaku-ji, a.k.a. The temple of the Golden Pavilion
Kinkaku-ji, aka The Temple of the Golden Pavilion

The famous rock garden at Ryoan - ji Temple
The famous rock garden at Ryoan-ji Temple (my favorite)

torri gate in Ryoan - ji Temple
A torii gate at Ryoan-ji Temple

Ryoan - ji Temple walkway in Kyoto Japan
Ryoan-ji Temple

Kodaiji temple rock garden
Kodaiji Temple rock garden

Kinkaku-ji temple entrance, kyoto japan
Kinkaku-ji Temple entrance

A path in Daitoku-ju temple complex
A path in Daitoku-ji Temple complex

Entokuin temple rock garden kyoto
Entokuin Temple rock garden

One of the many temples in the Daitoku-ji temple complex
One of the many temples in the Daitoku-ji Temple complex

Chorakuji temple, kyoto japan
Chorakuji Temple

Entokuin temple rock garden, Kyoto Japan
Entokuin Temple rock garden

没有评论:

发表评论